Friday, April 29, 2011

A Mouse Named Stuart

I never thought I'd say this, but I'm in love with a mouse.
This guy arrived at the shelter through a complicated series of events. Suffice it to say, his previous purpose in life was to be snake food. Luckily for him, he is now in the Room and looking for his new purpose - to be someone's awesome pet. I named him Stuart Little (cliches be damned!).
I have never met a tame mouse before. I mean, in the first place, we get them very rarely. And they are difficult to tame, especially if no one handled them when they were young. But this guy is the sweetest rodent I've ever met. He loves to be handled - jumps right on your hand and gives you little kisses!
I'm not going to lie, the first day I almost took him home. In fact, I proclaimed that if no one had adopted him within a week, I'd take him. That week is almost up....someone come get him??
Feeder mice are never socialized. I think what happened is that someone's pet had babies and they gave them to the pet store, and the pet store then sold them as food. I can't believe Stuart wasn't someone's pet at some point, he is way too nice.
He loves his fresh greens, as you can see! This guy goes crazy for healthy treats.
I've been promoting him enthusiastically all over the Internet, but while there has been a lot of positive response, so far no takers. This Monday I'll feature him on the Facebook page.
To prove how sweet he is, I even made a dorky video:

Somebody please adopt him - save me from myself!

Side note, baby hamster update: Sadly two of the little ones passed away, despite Arwen's best efforts. There is one more runt remaining, who is half the size of the others, so we'll see how he does. The rest of them are fat and very active, and their eyes are almost open - just a crack!

5 comments:

MZMollyTL said...

Laura, you should seriously consider keeping him! It's obvious he's snuck into your heart a little bit - and I know from experience that mice are dreadfully hard to train, so his future owner will be lucky to get him! I vote "new home with Laura for Stewart!"

digbyandsassy.net said...

He is lovely! I agree with MZMolly TL - keep him!

Stupid question - are mice safe in hamster cages with regularly-sized bars, or are they an escape risk? He's sooooo tiny!

Unknown said...

anonymous Valentino Dolabuy go to my site Home Page find more click

Unknown said...

replica bags online he has a good point s6h58y3s77 replica bags china see this site o7w33s6i91 Ysl replica handbags replica bags philippines replica bags toronto replica hermes bag w2g05f6f63 replica bags new york

Anonymous said...

kd shoes
kyrie 7
supreme outlet
supreme clothing
golden goose sneaker
hermes bag outlet
bape outlet
off white
golden goose outlet
off white clothing