Thursday, January 10, 2013

New Year, New Start

Wow, it's been over six months since I posted. Oops!
I could go over the million things that have happened at the shelter since July 27, but what's the point? Animal rescue is an in-the-moment business. Animals come and go, and there's no point in dwelling in the ones already adopted, because there are new ones in need.

I almost just gave up this blog, but you know, I like having a place to just ramble on about rescue. When I post on the Facebook page, I have to be polite and professional, since I am (unofficially) representing TAS. But here I can post whatever I like!

So for 2013, the blog is back - but I am going to change things up a bit. There's going to be more cat posts, more small animal care info, and some wildlife stuff too. That's the idea, anyway. We'll see how it goes!

I always assume no one is reading this, but I recently met three different people who told me they read this blog. Surprised the heck out of me! So if there is anyone out there still reading this, first, I am impressed. Second, I apologize for the long boring absence. And third, I hope there will soon be plenty of new, interesting posts!

Happy 2013!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Laura, so glad you are back! I thought maybe you got caught up with school. Frosty Jersey Wooly, Rosie Cat, Trixie JRT and I read your blog! Fred's too! Tina :) P.S. love your cat photos!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
andrea said...

glad you are back!

resa said...

Yay! I've been checking to see when you're going to be back and here you are!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you didn't give up your blog. I love reading it! Especially the bunny posts (I have two rabbits, both adopted from a local shelter) :)

Natalja (from Germany)

Anonymous said...

Glad you're back!