Monday, February 1, 2010

The List

Because it is impossible to keep track of all the cats we get, I tend to pick a few and follow them. I call it 'The List' (yes, with capitals - it adds a sense of drama). Lately everybody on the List has been getting adopted (yay!) so I've had to fill it up again. That lovely lady above is named Cider, and isn't she gorgeous? I love her ruffled fur. She's 2 years old and was surrendered in late November.
Pirate here is my new best cat friend. She only has one eye but it definitely doesn't hold her back. She's only 5 months old and was taken into protective custody. She is just so friendly and curious about everything, you can't help but love her! I picked her up, and the minute she was in my arms she started purring. Such a sweetheart!
Ok, I usually stay away from younger kittens, but my goodness! This little boy was a foster, and is super shy. He likes being cuddled but he definitely needs lot of love from somebody. We've nicknamed him Tweed, because he has this fuzzy, thick fur that is a lot of fun to play with. I can't link to him on the website because I stupidly forgot to write down his ID number (oops), but if you are looking for a kitten and you have love to spare, take this guy. He's a darling!

In other news, Pepper the rabbit is now at my house. This is an experiment: it'll be a crash course in socialization. He'd better like people at the end of it because otherwise I don't know anybody who would want to take him home.

No comments: