Saturday, June 4, 2011

Extreme Makeover

You may have noticed that the blog looks entirely different!

In a few days, it will be the 2-year anniversary of starting this blog. It certainly doesn't feel that long - it seems I should be better at it after all that experience! I went back and read my first post though, and it's pretty ridiculous so I guess I've improved. Um - please don't go back and read the first posts.
I read a bunch of them actually, and my knowledge of fostering has definitely increased exponentially. It's amazing my first hamster litter did okay, considering I had no idea what I was doing.

Anyway, in honour of this momentous occasion, I did something I've wanted to do for ages. This blog was too small - when I wrote a wordy post, it would fill up the entire page. I made it wider, and I changed the heading. The old photo was the first animal I adopted from TAS, my dwarf hamster Strauss. However, Strauss died over a year ago, and he didn't properly represent the kaleidoscope of species we get in the Room. I hope this header does the department more justice!

So I hope you like it! And if you don't, too bad, I'm afraid - it took me long enough to figure out how to change it, I'm pretty sure I'm incapable of changing it back.

On for another year of rabbits, hamsters, rats, guinea pigs, birds and whatever else the public can throw at us!

3 comments:

MZMollyTL said...

Happy blogoversary Laura! I love the new look. Keep up the good work!

selkiem said...

the new look is fantastic - vibrant and clean and much easier to read ... excellent makeover!

Caroline said...

It looks great Laura! Like the blue.