Monday, October 17, 2011

News from Abroad

I know I haven't been posting over the past few days, but I haven't gone missing again - I think I have a pretty good excuse.
I'm in Iceland!
I will be back in a few days however, and will resume posting. I have some exciting news to share, plus an adopt-a-thon is coming up and according to the website, a bunch of new animals have shown up since I left. And I'm afraid I'm going to have to share some non-rescue-related photos of Iceland, because it is a breathtakingly gorgeous country.
I just wanted to make a quick post to share some cheerful news:
Freckles, Fiddlesticks and Ghost have all been adopted since my last post! Fiddlesticks and Freckles went to great homes. I was not at all confident about Ghost's adopter, but the truth is, not every home can be perfect, and I just hope that his adopter becomes a little more educated about rabbits and gives Ghost a good home.
Even better, Snickers finally got adopted! Poor girl waited five whole months to get a home for some reason, but she has finally found a family of her own. Her new owners are bunny-experienced and are in the process of bonding her with their neutered male. Go Snickers!

So that's four less rabbits! And, Amethyst, Topaz, Spice and Almond were all transferred to Pet Values in Scarborough, so even with some new additions, we are approaching a normal number of bunnies (knock on wood).

See you (Internet-wise) in a few days!

2 comments:

digbyandsassy.net said...

Iceland? Amazing! Can't wait to see photos! Have fun!!

Caroline said...

Have a great trip Laura!