Sunday, October 11, 2009

Cat Interlude #3

Or possibly #4, I'm not sure.
I took this photo of Lulu, a gorgeous, friendly girl who had been there for a few months, last weekend. When I went back this weekend, she'd been adopted! Yay for whoever took Lulu, an older girl who had been waiting quite a while for a home.

Dakota is a beautiful cat. She likes to explore everywhere - she didn't really understand the whole 'standing still for a photo' thing but she's so pretty it doesn't really matter. She's been at the shelter for about a month.

Penelope is a really lovely cat. She's been there for ages - at the shelter since the beginning of June, over four months! She came in as a stray and was pretty shy at first, but she's really come out of her shell. She likes getting stroked and spending time with people, although she's still a little quiet.

I'm not sure if this lovely lady has a name - she's listed as 'Shirl Declaw' and I'm not sure if that's a name or a designation - or both! I called her Shirley. At first she seemed very timid and I thought it'd be difficult to get a photo of her, focusing on the other cats in the room. But then she started coming closer, and closer, until she was rubbing her head against me and purring. I wonder if it's her initial hesitation that's kept her at the shelter since July?

No comments: