Sunday, December 27, 2009

Mr Klaus

My Christmas this year involved a dramatic journey to the North center of Toronto Animal Services to pick up a blind hamster. The North center doesn't do very many adoptions with small animals - most of the time, the small animal room isn't even open to the public. I stared at this little guy's photo on the website for over a month before giving in - when I was a kid, I didn't even like hamsters. I'm not sure what happened to me, but I am apparently now the hamster lady.
So after travelling to the middle of nowhere (otherwise known as North York) and both of us almost freezing, the little guy ended up here. He is quite stunning, pure snowy white, very fluffy and kind of fat. And, bonus, he's only blind in one eye!
His bad eye doesn't seem to bother him and he's quite friendly. We named him Klaus since he came to our home two days before Christmas. He'll find a home after the New Year, but until then he's with us for the holidays.

No comments: